Re: Options to use winxp and netbsd together with xen

Hi,

unless you have already used NetBSD as a workstation instead of a
server, I would advice to try it first in this regard, and check whether
it does support all your laptop's peripherals, if you are happy with
various aspects -- and quirks -- that makes it a bit more painful than
wide-spread GNU/Linux fully integrated desktop environments.  E.g.
suspend/resume, web browsing, and how your WM or DE is available on
NetBSD and how it behaves.

Even its XEN usage as dom0 has some limitations, I am thinking of thin
provisioning when using virtual disks as files: those cannot be sparse
as vnconfig(8) does not support it.  For integrating a XEN farm however,
and without X, and eventually with iSCSI, well that would do.

--
pierre-philipp