Problems installing onto computer with ld0 as boot drive

Hello,

I'm trying to install NetBSD-8 Beta onto a Liva Mini-PC using a USB drive. Here's a link in case anyone's interested in what a Liva mini-pc is:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ECS-Elitegroup-Liva-Mini-1-0-Desktop-Discontinued-by-Manufacturer/232805133129?hash=item3634446b49%3Ag%3AvbkAAOSwWsxbIYUE&_sop=15&_nkw=Liva&_from=R40&rt=nc

(NOTE: I picked this link because it's ridiculously overpriced. I got mine for <$50. I figured it's price would mean it would stick around for awhile.)

The problem seems to be that:

a) The device requires UEFI
b) The USB drive's wedges show up first.

The fact that the USB drive's wedges show up causes all sorts of problems when the installer tries to create dk0, dk1, & dk2 because dk0 and dk1 already exist and are mounted (they're on sd0 -- the USB drive). The error messages I see go away if I yank the USB drive right before partitioning, but, of course, this causes the install to die right after creating the wedges. And I'm not 100% sure the wedges are already created.

So, I guess I wanted to let people know about this, especially if it isn't just a problem with a machine with an ld0 boot drive. Also, I'm wondering if a later beta will fix this or if I should try installing from CD or DVD. Or doing something else that I haven't thought of. (Someone did post instructions onto how to create wedges manually -- I could boot from DVD/CD and follow them. Assuming the CD image is UEFI compliant (is that a thing?)

Unfortunately, if someone wants to see what actually happens, I'll have to take pictures as the device doesn't have a serial port that I can find. FreeBSD installs and shows uart0, but I can't find a 10 pin header anywhere on the board. I assume that it's part of the chipset and that the pins aren't brought out.

Please let me know your thoughts and thanks for reading.

Jason M.