Re: Disable kernel messages on the console

Michael Parson wrote:

> Edit /etc/syslog.conf and change the destination for anything writing
> to /dev/console to write to a file, like maybe /var/log/console.

I don't have syslogd(8) on the machine. I wonder what actually makes
the kernel output to /dev/console, and if it can be controlled by
maybe a custom kernel if no options are available.

You can probably even redirect those messages to /dev/null, but they
would still exist. What I want to is to disable them completely, so I
can only read dmesg.

Linux kernel for example has the "quiet" option which disables most log
messages, and the "loglevel" option that controls what to print to the
tty.

--
caóc