Booting Xen on NetBSD 8.0_RC1 with GPT partitions

New oddity that I’ve stumbled over with 8.0_RC1.  Got it all installed with GPT partitions (wedge 1 is EFI, wedge 2 is root, wedge 3 is swap, etc).  Boots up and runs fine, so I moved to the next step and install xen.  But when I try to boot up it insists that root is on the first wedge /dev/dk0, not /dev/dk1 where it found the kernel.

I don’t see an option in boot.cfg to force it to use the correct wedge.   Is it that the xen kernel doesn’t understand wedges? Have I missed it or is this a bug?

BTW, booting up with GPT partitions without xen properly selects /dev/dk1 as the root and /dev/dk2 as swap.