Re: Marvell sk/msk driver NetBSD 8.0_RC1

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 12:35:04PM +0000, John Halfpenny wrote:
> Hello Everyone
>
> I thought to give NetBSD 8.0_RC1 a spin on my laptop, but the msk driver for my Marvell 88E8071 doesn't seem to be there.
>
> (Forgive me if I've missed detail of this publicised somewhere but please put me right!)
>
> I've never had to add drivers manually before, so far I've added
>
>  modules=YES
>
> to /etc/rc.conf, and
>
>  msk
>
> to /etc/modules.conf
>
> But nothing so far. Am I doing this right? Is it even possible? (:
>
> It's interesting to use my laptop without connectivity, feels like the early 90s again.
>
> As ever, thanks for any assistance
> John

I submitted a PR for the same issue but didn't follow up with
information requests in the ticket yet.

  https://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=53301
  "msk0 device reports no link, when there is link on same laptop with
  Windows and Linux."

There is also a PR submitted before mine that is likely also
applicable.

  https://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=43507 "no
  msk(4) on HP Probook 4510s"

I don't have NetBSD installed on that laptop any longer, so never got
it working. Hoping to give it a go this weekend.

-Chris