Re: why zfs and dtrace?

On 23.05.2018 09:06, Kathe wrote:
> i doubt if zfs and dtrace work on every platform port
> currently supported by netbsd, and if the ever will.
> why then bother with zfs and dtrace at all?  :)

We need ZFS at least for compatibility with the world as it's perhaps
the most widespread file system next to VFAT-like ones. It's supported
on Windows, MacOSX, Linux, FreeBSD, Illumos, Solaris, ...

DTrace is useful/needed for kernel developers and advanced users to
debug performance critical issues.

Both aren't possible on every port, but it does not stop them from being
useful on more powerful ones.