Trying to get sendmail-8.15.1 from pkgsrc working on NetBSD-5, libresolv issues

	hello.  I'm trying to get sendmail-8.15.1 to build and operate from
pkgsrc under NetBSD-5.  It builds, but links against libresolv, which isn't
thread safe.  Sendmail-8.14, which I'm currently running doesn't use
threading so this isn't a problem.  It seems I have two options here to fix
the trouble:  1.  Stop linking against the thread library.  2.  Link
against a thread safe version of the libresolv library.  Option 1 seems
less than optimal since the point of this exercise is to get sendmail
running with a modern version of openssl.  Option 2 brings up several
questions:

1.  Where is the insertion of the -lresolv command line option  controlled
in the build process?  I don't see it in the pkgsrc/mail/sendmail/Makefile
or the pkgsrc/mail/sendmail/Makefile.common file.  Nor do I see it in the
field of mk files in the pkgsrc/mk/*.mk tree, though I must just be missing
it.

2.  It looks like the thread safe replacement of -lresolv is -llwres. Does
anyone know if this library is a linkable drop in replacement for -lresolv?

-thanks
-Brian

couple of questions: