Re: RPI2 as a Router on a Stick

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 2:28 PM,  <kevr%protonmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Hi NetBSD Users
>
> I've been working on a personal project to use a Raspberry Pi2 as a 'router
> on a stick' and have documented my progress: https://www.fukr.org.uk/?p=184
>
> I've only used NetBSD now and again and would like someone to proof-read the
> page. Would someone 'do the honours' and inform me of any glaring mistakes.

Amusing URL.

Looks good to me for the most part, although I have to admit I haven't
done this in years.

Don't enable remote root login. Just create a user and add it to the
wheel group so it can su to root. I suppose if it's not connected to
the internet or anything else, it's fine though.

This article assumes you're doing something like this on the Cisco:

switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan 101,102

The other option which would have worked fine is if you made one of
the vlans native and just configured one vlan on NetBSD, and put the
other subnet on the "base" interface usmsc0.

Cisco config would look like this:

switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan 101,102
switchport trunk native vlan 101

I have been meaning to make an internet facing router out of NetBSD
and npf for a while just never got around to it. My "lan" side network
is a Juniper switch (because BSD) with 4 vlans.

Andy