Re: NetBSD MBR boot / Error no operating system

The cause of this problem is:

Apr 21 15:52:52  /netbsd: vendor 0x8086 product 0xa12f (USB serial bus, xHCI, re
vision 0x31) at pci0 dev 20 function 0 not configured

No USB functionality meant attempts to use install media failed at the
point where a root device is asked for (because no keyboard, and
there's no PS/2 socket on these servers).

I got the system to a multi-user login (but can't login) by building
an installation on one of the hot-swappable drives taken out of its
frame and stuck in a USB caddy on a different machine.   I'm planning
to enable the LAN that may allow me to carry on configuring with an
rlogin - it's very tricky via the USB caddy because all the device
names are wrong.

Does anyone know if this chip is supported/likely to be supported?

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>