Re: launchd

Hi,

Cág wrote:
Absolutely agreed with Vitaly. This news upsets me.
I don't think NetBSD will or ever need any features being ported from
mac. I also own mac, but I use it for something else.
launchd on mac is something equivalent to systemd on Linux.:-(
NetBSD certainly doesn't need an init daemon built on XML.

absolutely agreed... although plists are nice. still launchd is better than systemd :)

One thing nice though would be to have parallel boot: modern systems are fast and it can speed up boot time quite a bit. OpenRC goes into that direction.. on single code already it helps, but on dual or quad machines it zips !

Riccardo