Re: Disable daylight savings

    Date:        Wed, 28 Mar 2018 02:05:30 +0200
    From:        Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson%gmail.com@localhost>

  |    Is there some easy way to disable daylight savings on a NetBSD
  | system?  Or am I looking at modifying tzdata* and rebuilding it?

What exactly are you attempting to achieve?

If all you want is to fix your local clock at some fixed offset from
UTC, then just set TZ=UTC-6 (or whatever you prefer).

On the other hand, if you believe that the tzdata is incorrect for some
reasonable set of users (such that you might want to alter it) then you
might want to collect some evidence and take it to tz%iana.org@localhost - if there
is some place where summer time should not be applied, and there is
no existing zone for it, then one might be created.

kre