Re: NetBSD 7.1.1 cairo update issues

>I am running 7.1.1 on x86. I update pkgsrc and pkg_rolling-replace tells me:
>cairo build fails because it pulls in MesaLibs which fails:

You can also try to use modular xorg

Edit your /etc/mk.conf and add the following line:

X11_TYPE=modular

and rebuild all your pkgsrc packages (at least X11 packages).

With modular it will use the X11 libraries from pkgsrc for the new
pkgsrc binaries, instead of the X11 libraries that come with NetBSD
7.1.1.

Other option is upgrade to NetBSD 8 (it is a beta version), that has
got newer libraries, compilers, etc. and it isn't problematic for
compile new packages:

http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-8/