Re: NetBSD 7.1.1 instability - hangs

I strongly suspect you are running out of RAM due to lang/rust not
respecting MAKE_JOBS and linking in parallel, killing Xorg.

I've seen the same.

You can tell if normal shutdown works fine and you get a message in UVM
about Xorg being killed

So it's three bugs:

- lang/rust doesn't respect MAKE_JOBS
- Xorg being killed like so is exceptionally fatal, we don't recover from it
  ... this should be possible to fix now.
- We could try to avoid killing Xorg in these circumstances

(this behaviour is caused by something called 'memory overcommit')

as a short term solution:
- Add more swap, so it doesn't blow up