Re: thinkpad : e470 : bootup : barfs at acpi

> From Sun Feb  4 04:13:51 2018
> Subject: Re: thinkpad : e470 : bootup : barfs at acpi
> To: Kathe <>,
> From: "D'Arcy Cain" <>
> Sender:
> On 02/03/2018 10:05 PM, Kathe wrote:
> > have got myself a new lenovo thinkpad e470, it's my only machine.
> > attempted running netbsd 7.1.1 and found out that netbsd barfs
> > on the first-boot itself, it get's stuck at acpi phase.
> > now running ubuntu linux 16.04, working fine, but prefer netbsd.
> > i couldn't even get to a point where i can record the dmesg, led
> > me to wonder if sending in the dmesg using linux be of any help.
> What stage are you at?  Are you just booting the install CD or have you
> already installed and it is failing while booting from the hard disk?
> Either way, when the boot menu comes up there should be an option to
> boot without ACPI.  Press <SPACE> to pause the boot so that you can
> review your options.
> If you are still trying to install it may be that the installed system
> will run ACPI just fine.
> --
> D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>
> IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost

i am at the first-boot via netbsd 7.1.1 using thumbdrive.
i tried the "without acpi" option and the boot moved further than before.
but, barfed again at "root device" (i think based on my limited recollection).
i guess, if there be someone who i could mail the dmesg generated under
linux would make it simpler and easier for this task.