Re: DHCP client: dhclient vs dhcpcd ?

On 01/31/2018 10:44 AM, Gua Chung Lim wrote:
>> I recommend using dhcpcd :)
> I did read from somewhere, dhclient is obsolete.
> I think its existence nowadays is only for backward compatibility.
> dhcpcd is smaller in size but higher performance and being actively developed.

Also, if you put "dhcp" in your /etc/ifconfig.xxx file it automatically
uses dhcpcd without affecting other interfaces where you may have hard
coded IP addresses etc.  For example, I just set up a travel router on
my NetBSD current box where the wifi interface connects to the
campground or such and the ethernet supplies the rest of the network
including serving DHCP to the internal network.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost