hw acceleration with radeon on 7.1

Hi,

I m trying the NetBSD on an AMD A8-7600 (R7 gfx) box.
The system boots fine and as I understand loads correctly the radeon driver , as the X doesn't crash.
What I notice is loa fps while testing the glxgears -on average : 97fps.
That number did not change even when I edited the xorg.conf and put the Accel option as True.

May I ask if the radeon driver is still in experimental state - so I need to wait for the next relase, or do I have to edit any other parameter to enable the acceleration.

thx in advance

chris