Re: Some problems moving to new hardware with NetBSD-8/i386

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 11:26 AM,  <maya%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> I assume these are the cause and effect, why do you need to disable SMP
> and ACPI?

You could be right. I build a kernel with PAE enabled from sources
from about the same time as the netbsd-8 level I installed.

I let it boot normally, and it boots fine.

I was having multiple problems with the machine not booting without
either -1, -2, or both in another thread.

Without -1 (disable smp) it would get to fsck and hang, and sometimes
panic if I used ctrl-c to break out of the hang.

Without -2 (disable acpi) it would hang at the last printf statement
in the kernel before init starts. Don't know why. -2 solved it. Maybe
this was not the real cause.

But now it works fine. Don't know why.

Andy