Re: Netbsd-7/i386 won't boot on new motherboard/CPU

    Date:        Wed, 15 Nov 2017 08:02:44 -0700
    From:        Andy Ruhl <acruhl%gmail.com@localhost>

  | This is what I've done so far:

  | Before the reboot I unplugged all disks except the root disk, which is
  | partitioned "old style" with separate partitions for /, /usr, /tmp,
  | and /var

Perfectly reasonable "new style" too...

  | I rebooted and confirmed that it works (other than complaints about
  | the disks which don't exist). ACPI appears to be working.

NetBSD- (Beta) will have a newer ACPI in it than your old -7 kernel.

  | So now it hangs here:
  | http://acruhl.freeshell.org/netbsd_wont_boot2.jpg
  |
  | (last message is kern.module.path=/stand/i386/8.0/modules)

That's the last of the normal kernel printfs during boot, at that point,
init should be running, and running /etc/rc

If I had to guess, I'd say that your /dev/console isn't correct, as the
method you used to install to get your real root filesystem mounted and
visible.)

  | (P.S. - For people new to NetBSD, disregard all of this. These are all
  | "old man" problems.

Right up my bailiwick...

kre