Re: dhcpcd and multiple IPv6 gateways on one interface

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 04:42:37PM -0600, Roy Bixler wrote:
> On a NetBSD 7.1 system, after a network upgrade by the administrator
> (not me), I see frequent messages in /var/log/messages like this:
>
> dhcpcd[nnnn]: ab0: changing default route via fe80::xxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx
> dhcpcd[nnnn]: ab0: fe80::xxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx: router expired
>
> I believe that the administrator set up the network with 2 routers
> which are both active and advertising routes.  I'm seeing the result,
> which looks like route flap.  I have a Linux system available and I
> don't see the same thing with it.  It configures multiple default IPv6
> gateways on the same interface and just hums along.  Can NetBSD do the
> same thing?  Except for the log spam, the NetBSD system works fine
> with this router setup and IPv6.  I can just ignore the log spam, but
> is there a better approach?

Update: something changed on the network and I'm not getting the
syslog spam anymore.  The only evidence of the change I have is an
"arp info overwritten" message for the IPv4 default router.  So, I
suppose that the syslog spam might have been showing a real problem in
the router configuration.  Whatever it was, I still see multiple
default gateways for IPv6 in Linux, so I still have a question about
that.

--
Roy Bixler <rcbixler%nyx.net@localhost>
"The fundamental principle of science, the definition almost, is this: the