Re: xsane and root permissions

https://wiki.netbsd.org/scanner/
"

   User access

To grant another user access to use the scanner, create a 'scanner' group.

|# groupadd scanner |

Add user to the group scanner:

|# usermod -G scanner user_name |

Change group for a device:

|# chgrp scanner /dev/ugen* |

For some drivers, you also need access to the usb bus devices:

|# chgrp scanner /dev/usb* |

Also check if the permissions are sufficient, otherwise also do:

|# chmod g+rw /dev/usb* /dev/ugen* "|

Good Day,
Andreas

Andreas Beck schrieb:
currently, ive no netbsd installation on this place. But, do u have added the user to other needed groups, something like, scanner, sane, saned... stuff like that?

BERTRAND Joël schrieb:
Andreas Beck a écrit :
Hi,
put your user in the staff group and test it with chmod 777 /dev/ss0
(only for testing, chmod 777)
If its not working, its no rights Problem.

Thanks for your answer. My user is in staff group and permissions on /dev/ss0 is 777. With root privileges, xsane runs as expected.

If it's not a permission issue, I don't know what kind of trouble it could be...

    Regards,

    JB