Re: 8.0 BETA i386 : atheros wifi support

Hello Mayuresh,

Mayuresh writes:
> The relevant dmesg is:
>
>   vendor 168c product 0036 (miscellaneous network, revision 0x01) at pci2 dev 0 function 0 not configured
>
> Looks like this is not supported. I checked the GENERIC configuration of
> the kernel and could not find something that commented relevant to this.
>
> For the same card Linux says, in case it helps:
>
>   ath: phy0: WB335 1-ANT card detected
>   ath: phy0: Set BT/WLAN RX diversity capability
>   ath: phy0: Enable LNA combining
>   ath: phy0: ASPM enabled: 0x42
>   ath: EEPROM regdomain: 0x6a
>   ath: EEPROM indicates we should expect a direct regpair map
>   ath: Country alpha2 being used: 00
>   ath: Regpair used: 0x6a
>   ath3k: probe of 1-4.1:1.0 failed with error -12
>   usbcore: registered new interface driver ath3k
>
> Is there any chance, this card would be supported on NetBSD?

It's an `Atheros AR9565' (if I'm reading src/sys/dev/pcidevls
correctly!) and unfortunately at the moment it isn't supported neither
by ath(4) nor by athn(4) (that's true for every AR>=9400).

Last time that I've looked to them (I have an AR9485 on this laptop)
athn(4) from OpenBSD didn't supported them. I think that FreeBSD's
ath(4) support them though.