Re: fxp(4) vs "too much" RAM?

Am 09.06.2017 um 08:37 schrieb John D. Baker:
> If I install 3GB or less RAM, the on-board fxp(4) interface works
> properly when NetBSD boots.
>
> Observed with NetBSD/amd64-7.1_STABLE (local disk) and -current
> (8.99.1 via netboot--almost).
>
> Sound familiar to anyone?  Need more details?

Rings a bell and -- if not already fixed -- could be related to (rather
longish thread):
    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2009/10/30/msg005523.html

Synopsis is that bus_dma(9) usage in fxp could be a problem, or the
device itself (64-bit DMA).

Manuel also posted a patch, no idea if it helps:
    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2009/11/05/msg005541.html

Felix