NetBSD 8.0 Beta, blank screen on booting

I am trying to boot an asus X200MA laptop using the following iso, using a
usb stick:

http://daily-builds.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-8/201706052210Z/i386/installation/cdrom/boot.iso

The usb stick is tested using qemu on Debian Linux and seems to be fine.

When I boot I just get a blank screen, possibly it's booting fine but no
evidence.

[I was a regular and active NetBSD user from 4.x through 7.x. For about
last 1.5 years switched to Linux as NetBSD is not working on my laptop. I
am following NetBSD RSS feeds though where I saw announcement of 8.0 Beta
and thought of checking whether the issues reported (mainly USB and
monitor related) are resolved.]

Mayuresh