building a "shrinked" NetBSD-System via build.sh (optional: on Linux-host)

Hello list,

recently, I tried to build a "minimal" NetBSD-System for an old thin-client with x86 hardware and a 128MiB flash card.

As nearly everything is buildable from source, I started with crosscompiling [0] for the i386-like target on one of my Linux boxes (Debian Wheezy amd64) and a userdefined mk.conf [1]. When building on a NetBSD/x64 vm I wasn't able to convince the builder to use more than one make-process even when calling explicitly with "-j 4". That's why I finally stayed with the Wheezy-host.

I experienced a couple of (minor) issues:

A) MKX11="no" didn't work. The variable is well passed, but the if-then-else construction (in Makefile-syntax) didn't work as expected. I finally chose X11FLAVOUR="Xorg" and "build.sh build" went through.

B) #MKDTRACE="no" Building without DTRACE didn't work. At some point I experienced something like elf32.h not found. I finally let DTRACE build and "build.sh build" went through.

C) Using obj-dir or tooldir out of tree didn't work. I guess, I overruled the auto-OBJPREFIX generation and the build-process got into trouble as I am building on a Linux host.

Now for the real problem:
D) After "build.sh build" was successfully finished, I tried to compile the userland with "build.sh release" and I got a "checkflist"-error because of "27221 extra files". Well, I put options like MKLVM=no,MKHTML=no etc. in my mk.conf file. So yes, I really intended NOT to include /sbin/lvm etc. in my userland. From a first view, the generated "flist" seems to be right.

What do I have to do, to make "build.sh release" run through even with all these exclude-options enabled?

Regards,
Marcus

[0] https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-build.html

[1]
#$>MAKECONF=$HOME/mk.conf ./build.sh -u -U -m i386 -j 4 build > build.log 2>&1
#
DESTDIR=/home/builder/workdir/destination
RELEASEDIR=/home/builder/workdir/release
#MAKEOBJDIR=/home/builder/workdir/obj
#TOOLDIR=/home/builder/workdir/tooldir
MKCATPAGES="no"
MKCVS="no"
MKLVM="no"
MKDOC="no"
MKHTML="no"
MKINFO="no"
MKMAN="no"
#MKX11="no"
X11FLAVOUR="Xorg"
#MKX11FONTS="no"
MKZFS="no"
MKHESIOD="no"

CPUFLAGS+="-march=i686"
CPUFLAGS+="-mtune=c3-2"

MKUNPRIVED="yes"

#MKDTRACE="no" # this caused a elf32.h not found when building on Wheezy
#MKGCC="no"
#MKGCCCMDS="no"
#MKGDB="no"

[2]
=======  27221 extra files in DESTDIR  =========
Files in DESTDIR but missing from flist.
File is obsolete or flist is out of date ?
./lib/libdevmapper.so
./lib/libdevmapper.so.1
./lib/libdevmapper.so.1.0
./sbin/dmsetup