Newbie: Thunar / Removable Media Question

I apologize if this is the wrong mailing list I was a bit torn as to the exact list I should use for this. I am a new NetBSD user and I just largely completed an initial install of NetBSD 7.1 with XFCE and various packages from 2017Q1.

Anyway I have the system mostly installed and configured to my satisfaction. However I wanted to see if there was a prescribed/recommended way to get the automatic mounting and unmounting of removable media working for file managers such as Thunar. I am somewhat comfortable mounting and unmounting volumes from the command-line but wanted to make sure there wasn't a better way to integrate Thunar/XFCE into that process.

I haven't had much luck playing with gnome-mount or gnome-volume-manager to assist.

Any insight would be appreciated.