Re: bind reacts badly to dhcpcd losing/regaining connectivity

    Date:        Sat, 15 Apr 2017 20:24:45 -0700
    From:        John Nemeth <jnemeth%cue.bc.ca@localhost>

  |      There are issues with IP_PKTINFO on NetBSD, see 48166 and 48280.

The missing field (48166) doesn't bother me (I did see it exists on linux),
and while I might have perhaps considered adding it, if a definition for its
use were available (the linux man page is as useless as ours) if that had
been done before NetBSD 7 was branched as requested in your PR, but since it
wasn't, I think compat with the v6 option, and with NetBSD 7, beats out
compat with linux.

On the other hand, if Dennis is right (and he usually is) in 48280 (which
Christos submitted, but it is all from Dennis) and IP_PKTINFO doesn't work
with sendmsg() then that one we need to fix (the v6 equiv does work).
I didn't know that (I do now remember seeing these PRs back when they were
submitted, but they weren't really relevant to me then. so have been
forgotten..) then that needs to be fixed.

kre

ps: if ipi_spec_dst has some specific use that requires its presence
(Dennis' message said it was not required...) now would be a good time
to add to one of those PRs and explain what that is.