Re: Problem with Intel WiFi card

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017, Rocky Hotas wrote:
This is a lot of work to make the bus configure manually. Looks like OpenBSD
has a lot more code (integrated this patch and more) in

    http://bxr.su/OpenBSD/sys/dev/pci/ppb.c

to do this...

Yes, the function ppbattach is much more "hinged" here than in NetBSD.
I would anyway suggest you to think about this issue, because Intel WiFi Link 5100 is a very common card and both OpenBSD, FreeBSD already support it.
Up to now, this makes such laptops useless with NetBSD (neither the Ethernet card, Marvell 88E8072, is supported). I gave up installing NetBSD here.
Thank you for your help,

Just to clarify, Intel WiFi Link 5100 (and later) cards are fully supported. The issue here is that it cannot be talked to correct through PCI on this particular machine.

--
Stephen