Re: APU2 routing speed NetBSD

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 11:03:33AM +0100, 76nemo76%gmx.ch@localhost wrote:

> Here is the result of the difference on the router. I have had
> a look on it and I see that no "fast forward" are used.

It is indeed odd that you're not fast forwarding.  Do you have
firewall rules or IPsec policies installed?

Can you try a test with more than one stream?  If the results are higher,
try a test with larger socket buffers -- much larger -- on both sender and
receiver.  A long time ago, I found that 'wm' forwarding performance was
more sensitive to interrupt latency than I expected, and I did a little work
tuning the interrupt mitigation settings in the driver, but I didn't really
care about single-stream performance.

Finally, if you boot with -1, I am curious whether performance goes up.

A kernel profile -- better, perhaps some data gathered with DTrace FBT --
might be helpful, as might the output of lockstat.

Thor