The old wiki.netbsd.se

https://web.archive.org/web/20100527034652/http://wiki.netbsd.se/Main_Page

"Dear Users, Thank you for your patience and your contributions over the last 4 years. The time has come to shut down this wiki. Please refer to the official NetBSD wiki in the future."

I'm just being nosy. Anyone remember what happened that made the site operator ditch the site? "The time has come" Why did it come ?

Personally, I found it far more useful and rewarding than the TNF wiki (not knocking TNF). Plus, I had an account and could edit pages etc..

I'm considering snarfing all my content back outta the wayback machine and resurrecting my own version of it. However, I'd first like to understand the original story if anyone knows it. Was it hackers beating on the site? Spammers take over the mail relay? Did the guy just get a divorce and his ex-wife's alimony take away the bandwidth fees?

The answer I'd dread to hear is "It was too open and not dryly clinical or academically pedantic enough. So, we shut it down. Too many people had access." Unfortunately, due to the meta-refresh to wiki.netbsd.org appearing right afterward, it's an open question in my mind. Thus, I don't want to end up fussing with TNF if I stood something like it back up. That's the main reason why I'm so curious.

Please don't take my speculation the wrong way, it's just guessing/fear.

Maybe I was the only one who liked it and I'm just wasting my time.

Thanks,
  Swift