Re: Russian in NetbSD 7.0

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 04:47:04PM +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> saab99%gmx.com@localhost (Capitan Nemo) writes:
>
> >So I feel there is time to move on UTF-8 on NetBSD too, and it seems
> >NetBSD 6 has ru_RU.UTF-8 support, however it is still is not complete.
>
> Yes, neither is the locale complete nor does the console support UTF-8.
> But you should be able to use UTF-8 filenames in an X environment.
That's true - it's working very well for me.

> >LANG="ru_RU.UTF-8"
> >LC_CTYPE="ru_RU.UTF-8"
> >LC_COLLATE="C"
> >LC_TIME="C"
> >LC_NUMERIC="C"
> >LC_MONETARY="C"
> >LC_MESSAGES="ru_RU.UTF-8
>
> >This cause cyrillic filenamse being shown good, but I cannot access it,
> >because shell print hex code (f.e. \:\262\321\320) instead of letters.
> >Bash is 4.3.0(1) out of the box. (By the way https://wiki.netbsd.org/unicode/
> >says it will work out of the box)
>
> Dunno about 'bash', but the NetBSD shell should support an UTF-8 locale.

Absolutely sure that NetBSD shell should support it).
Nevertheless I don't know what's the reason can lead to such troubles...
Because all netbsd-shells(bash is among them) that I tested are working correctly with utf-8 encoded russian filenames!
(In console these files are still stay accesible - I'm just not able to
see it's names)