Re: installing on a VPS

	hello.  Some years ago, I installed NetBSD-5 on a Rackspace server.  What
I remember doing, and it has been a while, was to put the machine into
recovery mode, then, dd a preformatted image on to the disk.  As I recall,
once the image was on and booted, I was able to log in and configure a
raid1 mirror, since the image thought it was part of a raid1 raid set and
things worked quite reliably while we needed it.
	If this is a xen installation for the VPS, I'd suggest doing the same
thing.  Make sure  you have the network configured in the image you lay
down with a fixed address that you know and which you can reach, so once
you tell the system to boot, you can log in remotely.

	You may need to try several times with creating the image before it
works, but I think it will be pretty straightforward, once you figure out
how to use the Rackspace tools.

-Brian