Re: Proxy server, mode intercept on NetBSD 7.0.1

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016, Christos Zoulas wrote:
On Aug 24,  9:15am, netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost (Stephen Borrill) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: Proxy server, mode intercept on NetBSD 7.0.1

| On Fri, 5 Aug 2016, metalliqaz%fastmail.fm@localhost wrote:
| > For what it's worth, I have upgraded my kernel to NETBSD-7 as of about
| > Aug 1, which includes some recent fixes to ipfilter by christos.  The
| > crash has occurred with the new kernel.  For some reason that core dump
| > does not show up in /var/crash.  I don't know why but if it happens
| > again and I get a core dump I'll post a new trace.
|
| Christos, can you clarify what you mean by "something better" after
| commenting the two lines out? Fewer crashes? More useful debugging?

More useful debugging; crashing earlier, closer to the actual problem.
Another thing to do is to add more assertions, that validate that
memory corruption has not happened.

Problem is that this is a customer's machine, more crashes is not good. Assertions would be useful though. Any suggestions?

--
Stephen