Re: suspend trouble

So I've finally had success at repeated suspend with the combination of:

1. no Xorg running (this causes some further issues for now)
2. if I have a drm driver, then sysctl -w hw.acpi.sleep.vbios=0 is
needed.
if not and using vesa, hw.acpi.sleep.vbios=2 is needed.

and most important:
3. disable gpio with userconf.

I'm not sure why my amd64 laptop has gpio, but it does:
gpio0 at ichlpcib0: 64 pins

Before, if I suspended, then it resumed once, but not a second time.
I am guessing the lack of a gpio_activate function at
sys/dev/gpio/gpio.c CFATTACH_DECL3_NEW may be the cause.

I managed to find this info by disabling almost all drivers with boot
-c, until suspend worked, and then narrowing it down. (took a long
time).

I will try to write such a function.
I am also somewhat curious about why I have gpio at all.