Re: System fails to start dhclient at boot after upgrade 6.1.5 -> 7.0.1

    Date:        Wed, 06 Jul 2016 09:05:06 -0400
    From:        metalliqaz%fastmail.fm@localhost

  | A quick look over the NetBSD-7 and 7.0.1 release notices doesn't show me
  | any obvious reason for a change in behavior.  Does anyone know what is
  | going on?

What is your actual config?

The default dhcp client was switched from dhclient to dhcpcd so if you
have any config that is attempting to set dhclient options thwy will need
to either be converted to dhcpcd variants, or you will need to update the
confug to force dhclient to be used and disable dhcpcd (I would recommend the
former approach, dhclient might not remain available in root in later
releases.)

That's probably why "/etc/rc.d/dhclient restart" says dhclient isn't
running, it most likely isn't, dhcpcd probably is instead.

kre