NetBSD 7.0 switching vga mode during boot blanks the screen

Hi.

On Asus laptop with following specifications, for NetBSD i386 7.0
installer I noticed above issue:

https://www.asus.com/in/Notebooks/X200MA/specifications/

If I connect external HDMI monitor I am able to see the text (on external
as well as laptop screen). However if I do not use the external monitor
the laptop screen blanks out at the point of switching the VGA mode (i.e.
when the green text's font size changes).

I think this change came in 7.0. Prior to that NetBSD used to boot without
switching the graphics mode.

Is there any way to boot in VGA mode (such as some boot option) without
switching - at least when above behavior causes problems with some
hardware?

Mayuresh.