Re: Booting NetBSD from GPT/EFI

jaapb%kerguelen.org@localhost (Jaap Boender) writes:

>Is this at all possible? I understand the bootloader has to go in the
>existing EFI partition; can I overwrite that without bothering Windows?

EFI allows multiple bootloaders. This isn't the problem.

>Does the order of partitions matter (currently the NetBSD bits are
>indexes 7 and 8)? Should I rather use Grub? Are there tutorials
>available?

For a dual boot from a GPT disk, the only solution currently is
to use grub as an EFI bootloader.

The alternative is to reformat everything as a 'legacy' MBR disk.

While there is a 'gptmbr.bin' bootloader for NetBSD that
requires BIOS boot but then accesses a GPT instead of the MBR
partitions, I doubt that such a disk is supported by Windows.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost