Re: Booting NetBSD from GPT/EFI

On 07/06/2016 17:03, Rhialto wrote:
On Tue 07 Jun 2016 at 15:09:31 +0000, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 02:50:31PM +0100, Jaap Boender wrote:
First off, 7.0.1 crashes during radeon initialisation (can't find the ROM
apparently), but a recent -current snapshot works fine, so that's easy.

It is possible this was fixed already in -7. I had the same problem in
my laptop, but this was not put in 7.0.1 (kern/49964).

Is that for all Radeon variants? I was just about to update my machine
with a Radeon card to 7.0.1, but if that won't work, I'll wait.

No, not all Radeons, my old laptop had a Radeon too and thast worked fine. And as coypu says, if you update to the the head of the netbsd-7 branch (or current, which worked for me) things might work better as well.

best,

  Jaap

--
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that in emergencies."