Re: NetBSD 7.0 i386 mkdep fails

On 5 Jun 2016 at 13:26, Mayuresh wrote:

> > > The easiest way to get it to work is to grab the full source sets.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure build.sh should be checking for it, it is just testing if
> > > it's at /usr/src in a way that is unlikely to change any time soon.
> > >
> > > I strongly suspect that after doing this, even `make depend` will Just
> > > Work.
> >
> > It probably might solve the problem. But is it good for kernel build to
> > depend on base/other sources in any way?
>
> While my problem is solved thanks to Robert's hint (my mistake in mk.conf
> when switching from amd64 to i386) above question still intrigues me. Will
> be glad if this could be discussed further.
>
> Mayuresh.

Hi

For many years I've been using pkgsrc/sysutils/sysbuild to
generate kernels, sets, release img and iso. It downloads source
and builds chroot so your host system configuration doesn't cause
complications. You can cross build or build both i386 and amd64
from same conf file which has separate sections for each arch.

Slight disadvantage might be disk space usage.
$ sudo du -sm /home/sysbuild/
16569  /home/sysbuild/

David