Re: NPF sljit error

Hi Siyar,

It's hard to understand from your email what is your config and what
exactly went wrong. I'll try but I may take a completely different
path.

Siyar Erdemli wrote:
> Hi
>
> We use NetBSD 7.0.1 , for virtual router and firewall.  ( xen_domU)
>
> I get the following error.
> netbsd7 # npf service restart

I don't have 'npf' on my base NetBSD system. Is it from pkgsrc?

> npfctl: bpfjit error loading the module; performance will be degraded:

This is just a warning. Are you sure it's a problem?

Try loading sljit and bpfjit modules and enabling jit:

root# modload sljit
root# modload bpfjit
root# sysctl -w net.bpf.jit=1

These changes can be made permanent with these two commands:

root# cat <<EOF >> /etc/modules.conf
sljit
bpfjit
EOF

root# cat <<EOF > /etc/sysctl.conf
net.bpf.jit=1
EOF

> Operation not permitted

Are you running as root?

> npfctl: To disable this warning bpf.jit `set off 'in /etc/npf.conf

It's doesn't look like a well-formed error message.

> When I compile the kernel
> BPFJIT options
> SLJIT options

It compiles on amd64-current. You rarely need to compile your own
kernel, though, because bpfjit and sljit are compiled as builtin
modules if MKSLJIT=yes (it's yes by default on amd64, i386 and sparc).

> I can not compile with this option.
>
> it says sljit not found.

Please send the command you run and the message you get.

> But sljit source exists in the tree.
> What can I do.

Avoid building your own kernel. Try loading the modules or running
without jit.

--
Alex