Re: Updating 7.0 to 7.0.1

On Sun 29 May 2016 at 23:44:54 +0000, Graham Jenkins wrote:
> I was checking how this might be accomplished, and it appears that one just needs to do:
>
>    sysbuild build
>    sysupgrade auto ~/sysbuild/release/$(uname -m)
>
> Is this correct?  How does 'sysupgrade' know the version to which it's supposed to upgrade (i.e. 7.0.1 in this instance)?

And how does sysupgrade ensure that it won't run any of the newly
extracted binaries or shared libraries (meant for the new kernel) with
the old kernel?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.