Re: debugging a memory leak

On Sat 21 May 2016 at 00:19:49 +0000, Valery Ushakov wrote:
> Timo Buhrmester <fstd.lkml%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > > but it's limited to Linux, Darwin, and Solaris.
> >
> > Last time I checked, FreeBSD also had valgrind working.  I wonder
> > how much effort it would be to port it to NetBSD.
>
> As far as I understand (I had my brushes with valgrind internals) it's
> mostly the drudgery of, effectively, writing code that annotates all
> the system calls and all ioctls.  And that's not fun, obviously.

I did some research into ports of valgrind. While there seems to be a
FreeBSD version, I get the impression that it lives for years already as
a separate patch and that it for some reason never gets merged into the
mainline.

> -uwe
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.