Re: mmap and MAP_FIXED

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 08:10:24AM +0200, Daniel Jour wrote:
> Thank you. That would have been the next thing to look at for me. As said
> above, I hope to be able to use VM_MIN_ADDRESS and VM_MAXUSER_ADDRESS.

Even if you do that, they will most likely be occupied already.

I'd recommend the #ifdef sniplet I provided earlier, maybe adjusting
the address further down if you want to map larger chunks there. That
code, btw.,  is from gcc, using a fixed address to map symbol tables
from pre compiled headers (very stupid that they are not easily
relocatable).

Martin