Re: IrDA

On Tue, 10 May 2016, ball@mwo-c9kdw31.localdomain wrote:
> On the desktop PC, "irdaattach -d tekram -h /dev/dty00"...

Good. That gets you frame level attachement to the tty device. Now you can
run ppp or slip on it.

> Can I run IP over irframe0?  Are tty524288 and tty524289 devices that I
> could use to configure SLIP?  Do I need something (ircomm?) in between
> SLIP and irframe0 to make this work?  I would welcome some guidance.

I think all you need to do at the point where your IRDA framing driver is
attached to the TTY is to fire up slip or ppp. I'd recommend PPP since
it's more flexible, supports compression, etc.. However, there isn't any
reason you couldn't use slip, too. something like this:

server:
pppd 192.168.0.1:192.168.0.2 ttyname /dev/tty524288

client:
pppd noipdefault ttyname /dev/tty524289

That should give you a ppp0 on both sides.

-Swift