IrDA

Hello,

    I would like to try IrDA.  On my work desktop PC I have
a Tekram IRmate 210 serial adaptor.  I also have a Dell
Latitude D600, which has an IrDA port configured as com1.
Both computers run NetBSD/i386 6.1.5.

On the desktop PC, "irdaattach -d tekram -h /dev/dty00"...

irframe0: SIR
irframe0 attached at tty524288

On the laptop PC I ran "irdaattach -h /dev/dty01"...

irframe0: SIR
irframe0 attached at tty524289

    Can I run IP over irframe0?  Are tty524288 and tty524289
devices that I could use to configure SLIP?  Do I need
something (ircomm?) in between SLIP and irframe0 to make
this work?  I would welcome some guidance.

Thanks,
  - Andy Ball.