Re: i1915drmkms system crash in NetBSD 7.0

Hi,

Chuck Zmudzinski wrote:

I have a system with ASROCK B85M Pro4 Board and Intel Core i5-4590S processor which has Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics. I thought I would try booting NetBSD/amd64 7.0 on it, since I read on the web that NetBSD plans to support Intel integrated graphics up to Haswell in NetBSD 7.0.

it might be related, it might be not since I am using a different card but still the 915 driver.. but while running both 7.0 release and current, i get a message that an interrupt storm. WHile running a lock-debug kernel, the kernel crashes.

drm: GPU HANG: ecode -1:0x00000000, reason: Command parser error, iir 0x00008010, action: continue drm: GPU hangs can indicate a bug anywhere in the entire gfx stack, including userspace.
<...>
drm: HPD interrupt storm detected on connector DP-2: switching from hotplug detection to polling

have you seen something like this in your boot messages?

Riccardo