Re: fuse / refuse

Brad Spencer <brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost> writes:

> Is perfused used any more as a fuse gateway to puffs in NetBSD 7??  It
> is still built.

I am a little fuzzy, but:

  there are two FUSE interfaces, high-level (normal) and low-level (a
  few things like gluster)

  puffs is a NetBSD facility conceptually similar to FUSE.

  librefuse uses puffs to implement the FUSE high-level API

  perfused is a daemon that provides /dev/fuse and the low-level
  interface

  for httpfs and fuse-ext2, I expect librefuse.

> I was messing with pkgsrc filesystems/fuse-ext2 and filesystems/httpfs
> and both hang when trying to use them in NetBSD 7.x as of March.  I
> really wanted to use filesystems/fuse-ntfs-3g but that doesn't build.
> It doesn't appear that either fuse-ext2 or httpfs uses /dev/fuse but
> rather trys to talk to /dev/puffs directly according to ktrace.
>
> Has anyone used any fuse / refuse style usermode filesystems lately??

I am unclear on this.