Aw: window managers

steve%prd.co.uk@localhost (Steve Blinkhorn) wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a good way forward with X11 window managers using
> X11R& (I'm in the processw of moving to amd64 7.0).   For many years I
> have used IceWM, but the pkgsrc binary  fails with symbol _XGetRequest
> not found in libXext.so.7.   If I compile from source I get a segfault.

I would suggest fvwm2. I use OpenBSD's standard .fvwmrc, some settings changed to my preferences (mwm style) and keys setup like cwm.

I did use cwm for some time, but it lacks two nice-to-have features. Nethertheless I suggest to try cwm too (I don't know if it's on pkgsrc, I did use https://github.com/chneukirchen/cwm).

--Carsten