Re: wireless configuration

Hi,

Graham Jenkins wrote:
riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost  (Riccardo Mottola) writes:

>OpenBSD can do it and I love that. I would love that in NetBSD too.
>wpa_supplicant can remain for the more complex cases, but get the BSD
>simplicity back.
If it were just the command, it would be easy. But OpenBSD
integrated part of the wpa_supplicant functionality into their
wifi stack in the kernel.

interesting: I didn't know that. Is it a good idea? apart... the convenience of course I think about stability, security, etc. I suppose there are more complex scenarios where wpa_supplicant has its uses, like automatic network detection, switch, etc. Usually OpenBSD guys are quite careful.

On the other hand, it is wondefully convenient and you can connect to a new network easily... without configuring a file, starting a program, etc etc.

Riccardo