Re: Graphics wiki page

On 5 April 2016 at 18:02, Swift Griggs <swiftgriggs%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Apr 2016, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
> > It would be more fruitful to provide a page where people list hardware
> > that works for them, http://dmesgd.nycbug.org is close.
>
> That's very cool.  The idea, in general, reminds me of the supported
> hardware database for BeOS back in the day.  I got a lot of mileage out of
> that.  Currently, none of the BSD distros have anything like that which
> I'm aware of.  I was hoping some of that info would appear in on the wiki
> at netbsd.se but then it got taken down and replaced with the official
> NetBSD wiki which doesn't seem to get nearly the same amount of love /
> content for whatever reason.

I think something like dmesgd, but specifically for reporting how well
graphics cards (or onboard hardware) works with specific NetBSD
versions would be extremely helpful. Particularly if it could have a
suggestion on what to test and user settable fields to indicate same.

Sounds like a nice standalone site for someone to write :)

What might also be nice would be USB image which could try to fire up
X11 and some relevant app or apps to allow people to perform a quick
"smoke test" to quickly get *some* data points...