Re: RAIDframe corruption

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> But I still have no explanation why the kernel got corrupted and if that
> problem could be more widespread. RAIDframe is probably innocent there,
> though.

In my experience, RAIDframe has always been innocent, and I've had a lot
of failing disks (due to having ~10 RAIDframe systems for 10 years,
nothing unusual or unexpected) and bad RAM once.  That doesn't mean it
is guaranteed bug-free, and it's always good to check, but I bet it's
something else.

I would run pkgsrc/sysutils/memtestplus on the box for a few hours.